Monday, 6 January 2014

studio practice

INTRESTS
My interests this term started off as myself, I always think if people want to get to know a person that need to know themselves, I know I don’t know myself very well but I do know what is holding me together and from that I started looking at the connection, the bond and what ways this connections connects my family and friends to me and what the bond is like between us.... is it strong,... is it weak.
What I want to do with this is come up with something that shows strong and weak connections but the bond is strong enough to hold it all together,
The above is relevant to me because I wouldn’t be here without the connection and bond that I hold with the people I love dearly...
The artist in which influenced me are
§  Frida kahlo
§  Jennifer mc curdy
§  Jo meesters
§  Jo davies
§  Edel O'Keeffe (green flower holder)
How my objectives of my work as changed.
I started off doing myself, I started off doing hearts, hands, feet but as I continued to do all this stuff  I literally stopped one day as my tutor came over while I was drawing my hand and there and met my page I realised I’m not doing anything that focuses on myself as a person. So I started to draw myself, my face, my body, from a mirror I know u might thing “your still looking at your body” yes I am but I’m doing it while it’s attached to my face...... I’m the only one with a face like this... but then I started to look how I have got here today and realised I would be no where without my family, and friends. I wouldn’t be the gay Gavin (GG) as people know me today.. I looked at my surroundings in my home and I’m now looking at the connections I have between family and friends and the bond. The bond we hold between ourselves as individuals and what makes that bond grow even stronger.
Elements I have shared across different areas of study and achieved this technically
I have shared the same thing over painting drawing ceramics and combined materials. I show the connections and bonds that hold me together in an every day to day experience.
Further development in my work
I would like to look at the things around me, what i like doing with the people I have a bond with e.g. Family- spending time doing family things, and friends going out to night clubs and socialising



No comments:

Post a Comment